Melt the butter until it is hot and bubbling.
Add the sugar.
Stir or whisk often until the sugar is fully dissolved.
You may also use a microwave oven, but you MUST make sure that each step is repeated individually until everything is fully melted and dissolved before moving onto the next step. Depending on the strength of your microwave, this could take a few times in and out of the oven.
No matter the stovetop or microwave oven method, stir often. Be patient, it will be so worth it!
It will “souffle-up when it is ready for the cream to be added. Add the cream slowly.
Stir until blended and smooth.
The butter sauce can be made ahead and stored in the freezer.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In microwave melt together butter and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Return to microwave to warm until sauce begins to become frothy.
- Stir and enjoy while still hot.
- We suggest using a whisk for the stirring for rich, smooth butter sauce results.