Melt together butter
in microwave oven, stirring often
until the sugar is dissolved.
Depending on the strength of your microwave, this could take a few times in and out of the oven.
Stir often. Be patient, it will be so worth it!
It will “souffle-up when it is ready for the cream to be added.
Add the vanilla and the cream slowly.
Stir until blended and smooth.
Return to the microwave to warm through.
You can also create the butter sauce in a saucepan on the stove.
The butter sauce can be made ahead and stored in the freezer.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In microwave melt together butter and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Return to microwave to warm until sauce begins to become frothy.
- Stir and enjoy while still hot.
- We suggest using a whisk for the stirring for rich, smooth butter sauce results.